Allow $9 A5 size, $ 10- 11 A4 size for postage and handling (within Australia) overseas – as appropriate
To order see CONTACT DETAILS
‘Art Captured Hans-Wolter von Gruenewaldt Prisoner of War Camp 13 Murchison: his story and his art’
A remarkable story of this German POW who spent 5 and half years in Camp 13 Murchison and was a talented artist. Samples of his wide variety of styles are featured in this book as well as background to the POW camp on the edge of Murchison township, and his own story of his hazardous journey across the globe.
(Compiled by Kay Ball, 2017)
96 pages, 132 images 3/4 A4 $25.
“Edward M Curr and the Tide of History”
– comprehensive biography of Edward M Curr who wrote the notable memoir Recollections of Squatting in Victoria (1883)
229 pages, 3/4 A4 $30
“From Protectorate to Premier Smaller Town ”
– A brief history of Murchison 1840 – 1985, Incorporating 125 years of Education and Achievement
Murchison Primary School 1860 – 1985
(K.Gregory, D.Pearson, W.Stewart 1985)
80 pages A5 $10
“Goulburn River Aboriginal Protectorate”
– a record that reveals through historical documents that Murchison is a most important historical Aboriginal place in regional Victoria.
(Ian D Clark)
133 pages nearly A4 $33
“Mainstream Through Murchison”
– History of the Goulburn River through the township of Murchison featuring aerial film, interviews, historical still photos and film of local area.
(Over voice Heather Ewart, script Warwick Finlay, filming Adrian Bennett, 2010)
DVD – 12.5 minutes
$10 Now $7.
“Marched In” Seven Internment and Prisoner of War Camps in the Tatura area during World war 2
– A detailed history of the Wartime Camps in the Tatura and Murchison area
(Lurline & Arthur Knee, 2008) 160 pages A4 $35
“Murchison Bowls Club Inc .”
– A history of the Murchison Bowling Club published on the Centenary 1902 – 2002.
26 pages A4 $10
”MURCHISON- Lady Bowlers – 1955-2005 – 50 year history “
– The story of the Lady Bowlers, Murchison Bowls Club Inc.
28 pages A5 $12
”Murchison Football Club 1881 – 1981”
– 100 years of history of the Murchison Football Club.
36 pages A5 $3
– The story of the Murchison Meteorite that fell to earth over Murchison on 28th September 1969
(Edited by Pam Western) A5 28 pages $8
“Service and Sacrifice”
– A history of the Murchison Sub branch of the RSL
(Gerald P.Adams, 1957) 76 pages A4 $10
“The Doctor, The Captain, The Poet and Others,”
Commemorating 150 years of Murchison Township – 1854-2004
– A detailed history from the survey, naming of the Town and sale of land, through to the development
of the township as a thriving rural centre. Includes a Chronology of Events to 2004
(Warwick Finlay, 2004) 56 pages A4 $25 CURRENTLY OUT OF PRINT
“We Love It Up Here”
– This is the story of farming life in Queensland written by former Murchison resident Hilary Rains Nee Brady
(Hilary Rains, 2008) A5 $22
– An account of one family of early settlers in Australia. Among their legacies, are some impressive properties they built – Colbinabbin House , Dhurringile Mansion, Noorilim (Melbourne & Murchison), & Stanhope Home and others throughout the Goulburn Valley.
(Warwick Finlay, 2008) 20 pages A4 $18 : 2nd edition (2016) now available – includes map of holdings, index, colour plates throughout, mud map of family tree and details about the author.