The Society welcomes new members. Members can enjoy learning about the surprising and varied history of the area through activities of the Society including excursions, interesting guest speakers, special events, networking with regional historical groups and by being involved in the management of the collection of documents and historical items housed and displayed at the Heritage Centre in Stevenson Street.
Our Aims and Objectives are:
- To work as an active group dedicated to raising community awareness of all aspects of heritage values in the Murchison district.
- To maintain a heritage resource centre in Murchison to collect, store, promote research, preserve, conserve, collate, record and display relevant material from Aboriginal dreamtime through to the present day for the benefit of future generations.
- To hold, or assist others in holding relevant community events, and mount special displays depicting themes from the past in the Heritage Centre on an ongoing basis.
- To liase and associate with like organisations for the advancement of our mutual interests.
- To engage in fund raising activities to pursue these objectives.
Meetings are generally held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm at the Heritage Centre. Membership costs $15 per adult, or $30 per family which includes school age children.